25 Tinder openers/pickup lines/ice breakers
There’s nothing that will get you ghosted than opening with ‘hi’ or something equally uninspiring. Saying ‘hi’ to break the ice on tinder is like ordering a half-pint at your local. Nobody’s impressed. Try these instead:
- A pun using their name
- Roses are red, violets are blue <something about their profile that rhymes>
- How much does a polar bear weigh? Enough to break the ice!
- <Their name>…
- Send them a good gif. Maybe of a cute animal.
- Complement something very specific in one of their photos
- Dogs or cats?
- Any random emoji
- Pretend to be a Nigerian prince
- This one please.
- What do you want for breakfast?
- Got any raisins? (Got any dates?)
- I need a date for this wedding…
- What’s been your weirdest opener on here?
- What brings you to this neck of the woods?
- Are you a beaver? (Because dam.)
- Talk about the weather
- I need your advice…
- What’s your favourite dinosaur?
- Are you a bank? (Because you’ve gained my interest.)
- You look like fun.
- Titanic. What an icebreaker.
- You may have been mis-sold PPI
- Write out a story only using emojis, get them to decode it
- How’s life?